The following mix is one of my favorites, both for its convenience and thyroid boosting abilities (and, of course, it’s delicious). Altogether, this recipe is jam-packed with thyroid health—and also helps to balance your other hormones. Let’s break down the six super-thyroid benefits in this recipe:
- Brazil nuts are rich in selenium, a nutrient that protects your thyroid gland from oxidative damage.
- Iodine found in iodized or pink salt is an element that is needed for the production of both hormones T3 and T4.
- Almonds are rich in magnesium, which is a super micronutrient that is a key cofactor in hormone regulation and stress reduction.
- The recipe is gluten- and sugar-free, avoiding two of the major inflammatory foods that can cause hormone imbalances.
- Honey is a natural anti-inflammatory food, good for promoting hormonal balance and function.
- Dark chocolate provides antioxidants that can help prevent tissue damage to your thyroid.
Thyroid Trail Mix
Who doesn’t love trail mix? This mix is one of many thyroid-supporting recipes you’ll find in my book Super Woman Rx – Taz Bhatia, M.D.